Wednesday, September 18, 2013

New things

Well! Where to start?  I have been given an amazing opportunity to work with some wonderful minds on a website called Modern Homesteaders. This website is the go to place for self sufficiency and self reliance. Subsequently also a go to for preppers since these ideals seem to cross into each other on many instances.  If you looking for a group of people to help your homestead thrive, this is the place you will find them. I am excited to be a part of this group and will continue to post here on my blog also.

I have also been gifted an amazing gift of books. Books that will broaden my horizon and help me to help others. I was gifted books that are for emergency medical services and pre-hospital trauma life support.  I hope to eventually relay this information onto my followers in hopes that the lessons I learn may one day help others. 

Also we have started on a new path with our garden here at the HOMEstead. When our local powerline company came through to trim the trees around the lines, I talked them into dumping three loads of mulch into my back yard.  They don't charge for this service but you have to ask for them to do it, otherwise it ends up at the landfill.  I have already started covering our garden in mulch, manure, banana peels and eggshells.  I am looking forward to a spring with no tilling and little weeding. We also planted rhubarb which I have never tried to grow or even tasted for that matter. I am looking forward to learning more about this method of gardening by diving straight in.  Fingers crossed. Hope you guys follow me over to modern homesteaders too, it a wonderful sight.  Check it out, and make sure you subscribe so you can see all my post as well. http://www.modernhomesteaders.net/membership-account/membership-levels/?ap_id=dirtyfeetmaggoo

No comments:

Post a Comment